A Month's Worth of Catch-Up

>> Thursday, March 4, 2010

Thirty Four Weeks
February 28th

Wow, what an amazing two days! This weekend Jack and I attended our much anticipated weekend long birth class. Holy smokes what an experience. One I think neither of us expected. The ‘Ice Journey’ came highly recommended by Corbin and Melody (our parenting role models). So of course if the Gross' say it’s a must-do and worth investing the whole weekend and class fee, we’re in.

I wish I could find the right words to describe the two days. It is very difficult to fully explain…it truly is something you have to experience yourself. (Sort of like church camps and retreats. Everyone hears the same message, reads the same verses and sings the same songs, but the feelings, emotions, and take-a-ways are so individual and unique.)

I think a little snip-it from Patti’s blog best describes the general overall vibe.

“Basically, it is a very realistic and heartfelt labor simulation that goes above and beyond just focusing on contractions. We go to a much deeper level that involves the emotional, mental, spiritual as well as the physical power and influence of the birthing experience with an emphasis on nurturing and strengthening their "couple" relationship.”

After this weekend I’m actually feelin’ like we might have the tools, knowledge and better understanding to actually pull this miracle off!

On the way home after the last day of class I asked Jack if it was worth $285 class fee. I think he hit it right on with his response.“I don’t think you could put a price on how the class has strengthened our relationship.”

Who knew a class about pressure points, birth plans, relaxation techniques, and comfort baskets could provide so much?

"Love puts the fun in together, the sad in apart, and the joy in a heart"

Taken on the first day of the men's 'ice journey'.

___________________________________

Thirty Three Weeks
February 21st, 2010


Another fun filled week! On the 20th our dear friends Ashley and John hosted our Co-Ed Baby Shower, what a fun afternoon/evening!

We both were sportin’ smiles all the way home and into Sunday. It was so much fun, more fun then we both expected. The games were a riot, the wonderful mix of people clicked perfectly, the drinks and food were super yummy and the generosity of our dear friends was overwhelming.

A few highlights of the day:

  • The beer chugging from a baby bottle contest.
  • With a paper plate on top of your head, try and draw your best baby on the plate.
  • Create the best looking adult diaper on your partner using only toilet paper.
  • The bib decorating and the "words not to say" games.
  • There were three babies less than four months in attendance. Cute, cute, cute.

On the following Tuesday we had our third appointment with the Midwives (again we met with Laura). It was a good appointment but I did get a talking to about my weight gain....It wasn’t a complete surprise, but hard to hear none the less. Thirty four weeks in and I’m up thirty six pounds...ugh, time to step away from all shower sweets and work ‘pizza parties’ (but gosh they were good!).

___________________________________


Thirty Two Weeks

February 14th, 2010


Note to self :) Trying to back track and fill in the blanks weeks and weeks later isn't so easy. This was the start to my thirty three week post...and sadly this is all I can remember.

__________

Oh my goodness did I fall behind these past few weeks!


I feel like there’s been so much activity and things worthy of sharing. Now if I can get my crazy pregnant brain to remember it all. Lets’ see...

Going back to thirty two weeks (because I can’t remember thirty one)...
Thirty two was busy, busy and the house saw a lot of action. At the first of the year I drew the month of February to host family Bunco. I thought if I was going to have to get the house in order for one party, I might as well make the most of it and host two parties, (and I didn’t want the clean house to go to waste)! So silly me had the Maple Valley ladies over on Saturday and the family over on Thursday. Call me crazy, but it sounded like the best plan ever! :) Turns out it really was, and I’m sooo glad I did it.

1 comments:

Melody March 21, 2010 at 12:13 PM  

I'm so glad you guys took Patti's class! It really is such a unique experience and so hard to explain. I'm so glad it was a positive experience and that you both felt it was money well spent : )

It's a little crazy Corbin and I have turned into parenting role models...most days I still feel like a kid and really have no clue what I'm doing : )

Holy cow, only 19 days!!!!!! Yipieeeeeeeee!!!!!

Post a Comment

Our Wonderful Begining

Sunday, December 2nd 2007

What a day, I felt like the luckiest kid in the world! We feel so blessed that we were able to share our day with friends and loved ones. It truly was one of the happiest days of both our lives and we loved each and every minute of it!

Our planning process was a whirl wind. Who says you can’t plan the perfect day in three months, and have a blast doin’ it?! I realized during our planning how truly lucky I am to have Jack to stand beside. Our happy day was truly a testimony of team work, love, compromise and countless episodes sittin’ side by side watching WE tv wedding shows.

Small and intimate was our goal...no maid of honor, no best man, no big wedding party, just Jack’s adorable nieces as the flower girls. Our original guest count was not to exceed 50, a comfortable 100 graced us with their presence. It was intimate, warm, exciting…it was the best day we’ve shared together.

Come Take a Peek!

Click on each photo below to be directed to the corresponding photo gallery.

Hudson's Newborn Photos - Eleven Days Old

Materity Photos - 36 Weeks

Hudson's First Month

Our Little One's Journey


A couple of crazies in Ecuador - Twenty one weeks pregnant

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP