Thirty Seven Weeks

>> Friday, March 19, 2010

Things I’ll truly miss about this pregnancy:

The fun maternity wardrobe. Honest, I mean it!
When in your adult life can you score up to date fashionable pieces (more often than not) for a great price and have the green light to be seen in the same outfit once a week if you choose. Yes, I made fun of these crazy duds early on, but once I embraced that there was no getting around it, and flaunt it if you’ve got it, I was golden.

Watching my belly grow, and feeling those lil’ ninja kicks in the morning and evening.

Even though we can’t see him, knowing that the life inside of me is absolutely perfect in every possible way.

The kindness of strangers - their smiles, glances, and fun due date questions. And the check out guy at Trader Joe’s who asked how long I had left and that I looked happy and great.

Being able to justify a trip through the McDonald’s drive through twice a week.


Things I (thankfully) missed out on:

Morning sickness, the unmentionable roids,stretch marks, and heartburn.

Sleepless nights spent tossing and turning. Surprisingly I hated the Snoogie (or a fortress of pillows surrounding me) and ran with a small 12x2 couch pillow instead.

With the exception of the last couple days the crazy swelling felt by some. Still proudly sportin’ the wedding ring.

The top non-baby things I am looking forward to:


A good coffee buzz

Sleeping on my stomach and back - oh my gosh I. can. not. wait!

Wine and Champagne (tried a sip of my beloved BudLight a few months ago and had to spit it out…yucky!)

Sushi –All you can eat sushi

Not having to use a crane to hoist myself out of bed eighteen times a night for those fun bathroom breaks.

Reclaiming my body back as mine. Never have I been more excited and motivated to get back into a healthily workout routine.

Not having a 24/7 case of the ‘drops’. I swear, if it’s in my hand chances are it’s going to be on the floor in no time. I have been dropping everything…and bending down sucks.

1 comments:

Melody March 20, 2010 at 8:03 AM  

Alright, I've decided I am holing the cradle hostage until you get of your posts updated!

Not really...but I am waiting patiently, with baited breath : )

Post a Comment

Our Wonderful Begining

Sunday, December 2nd 2007

What a day, I felt like the luckiest kid in the world! We feel so blessed that we were able to share our day with friends and loved ones. It truly was one of the happiest days of both our lives and we loved each and every minute of it!

Our planning process was a whirl wind. Who says you can’t plan the perfect day in three months, and have a blast doin’ it?! I realized during our planning how truly lucky I am to have Jack to stand beside. Our happy day was truly a testimony of team work, love, compromise and countless episodes sittin’ side by side watching WE tv wedding shows.

Small and intimate was our goal...no maid of honor, no best man, no big wedding party, just Jack’s adorable nieces as the flower girls. Our original guest count was not to exceed 50, a comfortable 100 graced us with their presence. It was intimate, warm, exciting…it was the best day we’ve shared together.

Come Take a Peek!

Click on each photo below to be directed to the corresponding photo gallery.

Hudson's Newborn Photos - Eleven Days Old

Materity Photos - 36 Weeks

Hudson's First Month

Our Little One's Journey


A couple of crazies in Ecuador - Twenty one weeks pregnant

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP