Twelve More Days?! Really?! Only Twelve?!

>> Sunday, March 28, 2010

This week (much to my surprise) I’m starting to feel pregnant…really, really pregnant.

It was a long hard week. Any extra energy I had left in the reserves completely dried up when I wasn’t paying attention. The to-do list was a mile long, both at work and home and I had absolutely no motivation, energy, or stamina to pull it off.

Looking back at my miserable self I kind of have to chuckle, I struggled like mad to try and keep my head above water on all fronts and by golly I made it! Thank goodness this weekend I’m starting to feel like my old normal self again and have been able to mark a few pressing things off the to-do list.

A small snippet of this week’s ‘fun’.

An afternoon email to Jack
March 24th, 2010 3:24pm

Subject: Oh my gosh, Oh my gosh....!

Body: I just took a look at my feet (they were feeling a bit umm....'stiff').

And this is what I discovered. What looks like the legs and feet of a fat fat midgie. I can't stop laughing, this is the grossest thing I've ever seen my body do.
Jack's reply...

"That is the hardest I laughed while at work. Not the picture. Your description. Oh honey, I'm crying I'm laughing so hard. You are so funny.

I am sorry your feet are so swolley-moley... I will rub them while we watch the rest of Celebrity Apprentice tonight."

The rest of the cankle story...
Turns out my feet didn't 'un-thaw' they way I had hoped and envisioned the next morning. They were still 'swolley-moley' and it took four attempts to find a pair of shoes that fit. The folks at work were concerned enough when I shared the news that they talked me into calling the midwives to see what, if anything I could do to reduce the swelling. Because I hadn't experienced anything like this previously and I am so close to D-day, they asked that I come in just for a quick check. Turns out my BP was a little high, and I had packed on almost a pound a day since our last appointment. But my protein counts (I guess the important thing) were good so attributed the weight gain and swelling to the water I've been consuming (still a gallon a day) and retaining. Sadly, the midwife said because I'm a 'good water drinker' chances are I'll continue to maintain and pack on the water weight even weeks after the little guy comes. Bummer dudes...

1 comments:

Melody March 29, 2010 at 3:18 PM  

Ok!! That's way worse than I imagined! Yikes, those are some serious cankles : )

Post a Comment

Our Wonderful Begining

Sunday, December 2nd 2007

What a day, I felt like the luckiest kid in the world! We feel so blessed that we were able to share our day with friends and loved ones. It truly was one of the happiest days of both our lives and we loved each and every minute of it!

Our planning process was a whirl wind. Who says you can’t plan the perfect day in three months, and have a blast doin’ it?! I realized during our planning how truly lucky I am to have Jack to stand beside. Our happy day was truly a testimony of team work, love, compromise and countless episodes sittin’ side by side watching WE tv wedding shows.

Small and intimate was our goal...no maid of honor, no best man, no big wedding party, just Jack’s adorable nieces as the flower girls. Our original guest count was not to exceed 50, a comfortable 100 graced us with their presence. It was intimate, warm, exciting…it was the best day we’ve shared together.

Come Take a Peek!

Click on each photo below to be directed to the corresponding photo gallery.

Hudson's Newborn Photos - Eleven Days Old

Materity Photos - 36 Weeks

Hudson's First Month

Our Little One's Journey


A couple of crazies in Ecuador - Twenty one weeks pregnant

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP