Thirty Nine Weeks

>> Saturday, April 3, 2010

What a wonderful week.
Last week was a little rough, and I was a bit nervous that my final days (or weeks) wouldn’t end on the high note I would hope for but wouldn’t you know it, things turned around. Sunday, my energy levels were back to norm and I finally felt completely over the tail end of my cold.

Wednesday, we had one of our last Midwife appointments and met Mellissa. She was absolutely wonderful, and I would be absolutely thrilled if she was our gal come the big day.

For the first time I came loaded with a list of questions. Questions I had been keeping in my iPhone, a list I kept at work, and notes I had written down on scratch paper from around the house. I think we were pleasantly surprised to hear all the positive answers and extras she shared, a few included… Not only is Jack welcomed to cut the cord, but also encouraged to help catch the baby. The midwives’ C-section rate is 17% compared to the hospital’s 33%. And they will allow the baby’s heart beat to dip a few times, if all seems normal and safe before calling in a doctor. (A big question, concern of ours after going through Patti’s class.) There wasn’t a single surprise or disappointing news received. I think we both walked out of the appointment a little more excited and eager for the exciting adventure to come in the coming days, or weeks.

And yesterday marked my last day of work until the end of August. Wow! What a wonderful day! The gang from all around the building made it so special.
I arrived in the morning to a big gift bag and brightly wrapped present from Munir (the building’s lead maintenance man)! Sweet Munir picked out the softest, stain and plush blanket, a four pack of super cute receiving blankets, and a five pack of adorable onsies. So so thoughtful.

Idolina followed Munir’s surprise with beautiful potted purple tulips, and not shortly after Sandra came bearing daffodils and Gerber daisies. And top the morning off, Lori brought bagels and scones in for everyone. We followed the morning fun with a lunch at Agave with the HR group and I spent the rest of the afternoon making the rounds, and finishing up small loose ends. Talk about making a kid feel so loved! Everyone’s thoughtfulness was so overwhelming, it truly made saying ‘goodbye’ a little bittersweet.


The Baby Meyenberg Pool inspired by Marty Rask. Weight, Time (AM or PM), and Date. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Our Wonderful Begining

Sunday, December 2nd 2007

What a day, I felt like the luckiest kid in the world! We feel so blessed that we were able to share our day with friends and loved ones. It truly was one of the happiest days of both our lives and we loved each and every minute of it!

Our planning process was a whirl wind. Who says you can’t plan the perfect day in three months, and have a blast doin’ it?! I realized during our planning how truly lucky I am to have Jack to stand beside. Our happy day was truly a testimony of team work, love, compromise and countless episodes sittin’ side by side watching WE tv wedding shows.

Small and intimate was our goal...no maid of honor, no best man, no big wedding party, just Jack’s adorable nieces as the flower girls. Our original guest count was not to exceed 50, a comfortable 100 graced us with their presence. It was intimate, warm, exciting…it was the best day we’ve shared together.

Come Take a Peek!

Click on each photo below to be directed to the corresponding photo gallery.

Hudson's Newborn Photos - Eleven Days Old

Materity Photos - 36 Weeks

Hudson's First Month

Our Little One's Journey


A couple of crazies in Ecuador - Twenty one weeks pregnant

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP