33rd Birthday and Seventeen Weeks

>> Sunday, November 1, 2009

It was such a fun week around the Meyenberg house this week. Saturday Jack and I hooked up with Laura and Jesus for dinner, and a visit with Dad. On Wednesday, my birthday, Jack spoiled me rotten (and I loved every minute of it). Dinner at the Melting Pot, fun birthday goodies, the sweetest Face Book post ever...

"Take a moment to throw some confetti in the air and drink early morning champagne at your desk. Today is the most beautiful woman in the world's birthday!!!! I am so excited! Happy Birthday Brooke!!!! (It is indeed a magnificent day worthy of multiple exclamation points!!!!!!!)"

Thursday our friend Chris came over to help Jack move a huge armoire/entertainment cabinet out of the room that is soon to be the nursery. And yesterday was a kick back Halloween evening at home. A fun busy all week long.


Seventeen weeks and counting
Things I've been pondering this week on the pregnancy front ...

Cloth Diapering
I'm strongly considering running this route. (This coming from a kid who has never changed a diaper on her own.) The material advances they've made, the brands, and the options out there are mind numbing. There is so much to learn and weigh, but I'm willing to give it shot. More to come on this one I'm sure.

Enlisting the help of a midwife or jumping ship to a mid wife completely
I have absolutely no complaints about our current doctor (and his staff)at all. The location is perfect for both Jack and I. The doctor is about as easy going as can be. The staff has been extremely helpful with any request and more. But I'm wondering if I would get more out of the personal touch a mid wife can give. Valley Medical (the hospital we will deliver) offers a mid wife team. I think I may give them a call after our twenty week ultrasound and follow up appointment.


Going El Natural
Call me crazy, but why not give it a shot? One more reason to strongly weigh the mid-wife option. I want our hospital birth to be as 'natural' as possible considering the environment. I'm not so sure being handcuffed to the bed via a tube in my back for hours sounds too appealing. (Although 'glamorous' side of going natural doesn't excite me too much either). We'll see, still so much to learn and talk about.

And...
If all goes well this delivery....a home birth our next go-around.

These are just random thoughts that have been on my mind this week. Who know, next week might be an entirely different story.

The first of their kind - Outstanding (hee hee) self portraits of my belly progress as of today....





And from The Bump this week...
Baby's skeleton is hardening, changing from rubbery cartilage to bone, and fat is finally accumulating around it. The umbilical cord is getting thicker and stronger, and those little fingers and toes are now topped by one-of-a-kind prints.

2 comments:

Meg November 1, 2009 at 9:21 PM  

Holy crap that is a baby bump if I ever saw one!!! How on God's green earth have you been able to hide that at work?!
Show it off lady, you're gorgeous!

Melody November 2, 2009 at 12:38 PM  

What a sweet baby bump!! Corbin tells me daily (in a sweet way of course) how HUGE I am....ha! I can't blame him...it's true!!

Well, you know my opinion on all of those things....yes, yes & yes!!

You have to come over sometime soon and talk all things baby with me! Not that I am an expert by any means, but I am happy be a sounding board and answer any questions you have.

You can come over on evening after the crazy ones are in bed, and we'll send the boys out for a beer. We can sit back with some tea and chat, while get some hands on experience with a newborn. If you ask really nicely....I may even let you change a diaper : P

Post a Comment

Our Wonderful Begining

Sunday, December 2nd 2007

What a day, I felt like the luckiest kid in the world! We feel so blessed that we were able to share our day with friends and loved ones. It truly was one of the happiest days of both our lives and we loved each and every minute of it!

Our planning process was a whirl wind. Who says you can’t plan the perfect day in three months, and have a blast doin’ it?! I realized during our planning how truly lucky I am to have Jack to stand beside. Our happy day was truly a testimony of team work, love, compromise and countless episodes sittin’ side by side watching WE tv wedding shows.

Small and intimate was our goal...no maid of honor, no best man, no big wedding party, just Jack’s adorable nieces as the flower girls. Our original guest count was not to exceed 50, a comfortable 100 graced us with their presence. It was intimate, warm, exciting…it was the best day we’ve shared together.

Come Take a Peek!

Click on each photo below to be directed to the corresponding photo gallery.

Hudson's Newborn Photos - Eleven Days Old

Materity Photos - 36 Weeks

Hudson's First Month

Our Little One's Journey


A couple of crazies in Ecuador - Twenty one weeks pregnant

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP