Nineteen Weeks

>> Friday, November 13, 2009

Sometime over the weekend, someone made a sneak attack in the middle of the night and messed around with my pants.  What seemed like overnight I ‘grew’ out of two pairs. Last week they fit just fine, with room to spare, four days later...no way Jose.

Sooo this has been the week of discovering the world of maternity wear.

With our three week South American cruise sailing off next week my introduction was not limited to the comfy cozy fall maternity fashions, I’ve had to hit the full gamut -shorts, tanks, sweaters, formal wear, and even bathing suits. Who knew you could spend a full hour and a half in a small North Bend outlet store?!

Things I learned this week about maternity clothes...

- Maternity clothes are funny.
- Maternity clothes make you look pregnant.
- Maternity pants don’t have real working buttons or zippers. Would you believe they’re all fake and only for show? They’re full blown pull ups.
- They are surprisingly very comfortable.  Now I understand why people sport them as long as they do.
- If you try on a pair of pants and they’re too big, check the waist, there might be a secret squirrel elastic band and button set up that you can cinch up (accentuating the pull-up-ness of the pants).
- You will never catch me alive wearing a maternity top with a tie back (or front, or side) style. No how, no way, not for this kid.  True story, the 80’s called while I was browsing and asked for their ties and bows back.

All and all while on my adventure I believe I truly embraced the whole idea, was pleasantly surprised at what I found and  feeling good about my new wardrobe for our big trip.

Other random ramblings from this week...

My chest wasn’t so ouchy during the night, hooray!  And I’m finding it easier and easier each night to sleep on my side this week.

One cup of drip coffee makes me feel like I’ve just ingested five pounds of crack. The sudden burst of energy is kind of fun and worth looking forward to. (I’ve average maybe one cup a week – I look at it as my special treat.)

More baby how-to books arrived this week, so I think we’re in good shape and set for a good dose of baby reading/education on our trip.

Mom comes tomorrow, she’s been in AZ for the month so I think (because I can’t remember what I looked like) this will be her first baby bump sighting.

I was plagued with a headache that a few Tylenol wouldn’t kill most of Thursday. Headaches pre-pregnancy were extremely rare, so I’m not so conditioned to the effects.

And this week from the Bump.com  

Vernix caseosa, a greasy white substance made of lanugo, oil and dead skin cells (yum) now coats baby's skin, shielding it from the amniotic fluid. (Picture yourself after a nine-month bath, and the need for protection makes sense.) You might actually get to see the vernix at birth, especially if baby is premature.

3 comments:

Melody November 13, 2009 at 7:32 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melody November 13, 2009 at 7:35 PM  

You're such a good girl! With the first two, I too, only drank an occasional cup o' joe. This time around was a totally different story. I made myself refrain for the first 4 months or so. After that it was a MUST that I have my fix first thing every morning!

Have fun sporting your new wardrobe!!

The Little Miss November 15, 2009 at 9:30 PM  

how cute!!! How fun!!! I love being pregnant especially at the beginning before I got so big that I couldnt move haha
I’m new here to your blog and wanted to “pop” in to say hi! : )
If you would like come check out my blog and enter my current giveaway at littlemissheirlooms.blogspot.com
I hope you decided to follow me because I try to bring my readers a new and AMAZING giveaway every Monday!
Xo
Priscila

Post a Comment

Our Wonderful Begining

Sunday, December 2nd 2007

What a day, I felt like the luckiest kid in the world! We feel so blessed that we were able to share our day with friends and loved ones. It truly was one of the happiest days of both our lives and we loved each and every minute of it!

Our planning process was a whirl wind. Who says you can’t plan the perfect day in three months, and have a blast doin’ it?! I realized during our planning how truly lucky I am to have Jack to stand beside. Our happy day was truly a testimony of team work, love, compromise and countless episodes sittin’ side by side watching WE tv wedding shows.

Small and intimate was our goal...no maid of honor, no best man, no big wedding party, just Jack’s adorable nieces as the flower girls. Our original guest count was not to exceed 50, a comfortable 100 graced us with their presence. It was intimate, warm, exciting…it was the best day we’ve shared together.

Come Take a Peek!

Click on each photo below to be directed to the corresponding photo gallery.

Hudson's Newborn Photos - Eleven Days Old

Materity Photos - 36 Weeks

Hudson's First Month

Our Little One's Journey


A couple of crazies in Ecuador - Twenty one weeks pregnant

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP